Thank you for your interest in coming to serve our Project Scientist students as a STEM Superstar!
STEM Superstar Program Description: At Project Scientist we want to celebrate the discoveries, achievements, and success of pioneering women in STEM, which is why we start every day with inspiring women in STEM.
- The Superstar program provides women in STEM a platform with which to celebrate their accomplishments and inspire the next generation of female leaders.
- Daily interaction with STEM Superstars allows young girls to:
- Become familiar seeing women thriving in the STEM space
- An opportunity to explore awesome STEM fields, roles, and careers they might not have known before
Serve as a featured STEM Superstar: As one of our featured Superstars, we ask that you share your STEM story with our campers during a virtual visit.
- Start with a brief introduction about who you are and what you do.
- Try an icebreaker to warm up the group and set an interactive and fun tone for the presentation.
- Share a personal story! The girls want to hear about your dreams as a child, what you wanted to be, and the path that got you to where you are.
- Try a hands-on activity. This may help keep students engaged and offers a closer look into your work.
- Don't forget to leave time for questions! The girls are always eager to learn more and chances are your presentation has left them more curious than before.
If you are interested in serving as a STEM Superstar, please follow the link below to sign-up! Whether or not your work and/or expertise is within one of our weekly themes, we are excited to hear from you!
Please reach out to Rebecca@projectscientist.org to sign up to volunteer with us!