The STEM Academy for Girls
Project Scientist is the leading summer STEM academy for girls, offering tailored science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum for girls ages 4 to 12 on university campuses
Why only girls?
Our program is based on a vast amount of research that underserved and unidentified girls are not provided STEM opportunities at a pace, depth, and breadth commensurate with their talents and interests. So, we tailor our curriculum to effectively engage girls in STEM through seminars with female STEM role models, hands-on activities, and field trips to STEM companies.
We expose a diverse population of young girls to a high-quality STEM academy that inspires confidence in their pursuit of learning throughout the year. This is what we have done to date:
Girls Educated & Mentored
The Project Scientist Difference
- We invest in credentialed teachers because we believe your daughter should receive quality STEM education from those who are highly qualified to teach.
- Girls have face-to-face interaction with STEM Superstars, accomplished female STEM professionals from organizations such as Google, NASA, and Duke Energy.
- We host our Summer Academy on university campuses to inspire girls to picture themselves pursuing higher education.
- Girls go on field trip expeditions to STEM companies to give them an opportunity to see women excelling in STEM careers.
- Our outcomes and impact have been researched and validated by Harvard and the University of North Carolina Charlotte.
- We are recognized as a Sci-Girls partner and trainer, which enables us to be one of the few organizations using PBS-created and National Science Foundation funded curriculum.
Field Trip Expeditions
Summer Academy Courses
This is a big opportunity for girls…It makes you think more about earth and about how many things you can change through science. I want to be a surgeon because I love helping people. I think everyone can change the world.
Grace, Age 10
Project Scientist Future Surgeon
As seen in the media: