We are here for your future scientist.
Project Scientist is a national education non-profit that helps ALL girls discover the fun and excitement of science, technology, engineering, arts and math.
We are here for your future innovator, inventor, engineer, mathematician, researcher and scientist!
Our purpose is to ignite and cultivate STEAM confidence in marginalized and underserved girls. By delivering high-quality experiences in science, technology, engineering, arts and math, we provide access to education and gainful career pathways that expand professional opportunities and awareness.
She'll be ready. Project Scientist prepares girls for a STEM confident future by creating introductions to professional women in the field, expeditions to top STEM employers and universities, and hands-on activities delivered by credentialed and Project Scientist certified teachers.
Our vision is a future where girls* and women have equal access to pursue their STEM education, careers and leadership aspirations, in a society that recognizes and harnesses the innovation generated by tapping into the full spectrum of gender, racial and diverse identities.
Our goal is to provide 1 million high-quality STEAM experiences by 2040. We will do this by:
serving 500,000 under-resourced and marginalized girls in the communities where they live
training 5,000 elementary teachers in math, gender, and racial equity teaching strategies
engaging 4,000 STEM professionals to serve as role models and STEM advocates
partnering with leading companies and universities to create high-quality and relevant content and experiences
tracking outcomes and impact through pre and post-evaluations, longitudinal tracking, and third party oversight.
*While we focus on students who identify as girls, we are dedicated to serving children of all gender identities and expressions.
Girls Educated & Mentored
The Project Scientist Difference
- We invest in highly qualified, credentialed teachers.
- We partner with schools, libraries, after-school groups, and other non-profits across the country to bring our programs to your location. All girls have the chance to fulfill their potential in science, technology, engineering, arts and math.
- We host summer STEAM programs on location at exciting STEM companies.
- Students interact with STEM Superstars — accomplished STEM professionals from organizations such as Google, NASA, and Duke Energy.
- Expeditions to STEM companies give students an opportunity to see women excelling in STEM careers.
- Our outcomes and impact have been researched and validated by Harvard and UNC Charlotte.
- As a Sci-Girls partner and trainer, our curriculum is supported by PBS and funded by the National Science Foundation.
This is a big opportunity for girls…It makes you think more about earth and about how many things you can change through science. I want to be a surgeon because I love helping people. I think everyone can change the world.
Grace, Age 10
Project Scientist Future Surgeon
In the news: