Summer STEM Academy 2019 Themes & Dates:
- June 17-21: Science of Crime - Real Life and Online - Become a forensics expert by solving both in person and online crimes through analyzing evidence. Digital crime is on the rise and we’ll learn how to protect ourselves and others through cybersecurity.
- June 24-28: Robotics & AI - Join us as we dive into the world of AI through robotics. We'll use various platforms to build models, use sensors and motors and configure behaviors to design our own robots. As our robots come to life, we'll test our models with challenges fostering creativity and innovation.
- July 1-5*: How It’s Made - Let’s get our hands dirty as we uncover how things are made! We’ll take apart and breakdown well-known and beloved items and gain appreciation for the processes and people who make them. *There will be no camp July 4th.
- July 8-12: All Aboard! Transportation: Past, Present and Future - No matter the destination, we’ll tinker with different transit vehicles to get you there by air, space, road, water, and more! We’ll learn how transportation systems work together to keep us moving and tinker with tried and true vehicles to create new platforms for efficient mobility.
- July 15-19: Coding & Gaming - Computer programming code runs the world. We'll learn basic and advanced techniques for creating code for computers, video games and more using interactive platforms such as Roblox.
- July 22-26: Genetics, DNA, and Dissection - What does a brain really look like? How does the circulatory system work? What determines eye color? We’ll spend the week dissecting and analyzing what makes each of us unique. We will study Gregor Mendel and his peas, Punnett squares/pedigrees and DNA all week long. Campers should feel comfortable with age appropriate dissections to attend this camp.
California Institute of Technology
1200 East California Blvd.,
Pasadena, CA 91125
*One day per week will be offsite on a field trip expedition.
Our Academy is on a college campus so that girls can picture themselves pursuing higher education in the future.
Questions about the CA Location? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Trip Expeditions
Girls will be on an expedition one day per week. These expeditions give girls an opportunity to interact with female STEM professionals, participate in hands-on activities, and tour exciting STEM workplaces.
Sign up for our mailing list here to receive updates on the latest expeditions!
Look at the fun we had at one of our previous expeditions:
$750 per week | $600 for the week of 4th of July
On February 1, tuition will increase to $795 per week; $650 for the week of 4th of July. Early bird pricing is auto-applied at register.
3 week discount: $15 off per week — $45 in savings for 3 weeks, $60 in savings for 4 weeks, $75 in savings for 5 weeks
6 week discount: $30 off per week — $180 in savings!
Sibling discount: 10% off total
*Discounts cannot be combined. The system will auto apply the greatest discount per application.
“I loved that my daughter came home from camp referring to herself as a scientist and talking about experimenting and not being afraid to keep trying. I've tried to instill that in her in the past— but camp made it click! There is a whole new confidence. She's always loved these things but her time at Project Scientist gave her a sense of seeing herself as a scientist and explorer… THANK YOU!!”
- Project Scientist parent, Julia
Join our mailing list here to receive the latest news on expeditions and the Summer STEM Academy!